Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rebecca's Gift

While thinking about former models I had designed for student projects, I was reminded of a middle school class I had taught several years ago when a high school student posted her most recent drawing on my Facebook wall for my input.  I thought, "Hmmmm.....Rebecca was in that class....what are the chances of her still having a little book she made when she was 12 or 13 years old?" 

SO I dared to ask her if she remembered that project, and to my surprise, a photo of the book appeared on my "wall" within seconds!! Is that an amazing gift?  Not only did she save it, but she knew exactly where it was, shot the photo with her cell phone, and I had it in record time.

Here is the photo Rebecca sent. As you can see, it is a flag book with her self-portrait, and when opened, the flags spread apart to reveal her art work.

It is evident that teaching visual arts is a miraculous experience!

1 comment:

  1. What a great visual! And pretty, as well as well-done.

    ReplyDelete