Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Finishing Work

                                                                                                
I thought it was important to include my finished piece along with all of the others that I posted from Michael deMeng's workshop last Saturday.  I had heard that my dear auntie was dying and I needed a way to honor her presence in my childhood.  She was an extraordinary character, and we all loved her very much. I briefly shared at the workshop that my childhood at her house was filled with ponies and baby raccoons and ducks and chickens, and of course, dogs and cats.  It was a beautiful little Victorian with a full porch and a weeping willow on the front lawn (hence, my pup's name: Willow).  Gladys Chadbourne died today at age 84.  She will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I am so sorry for your loss.

    This work is beautiful. It shows love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this lovely piece at the Kitchen Show at Zinnia yesterday. It's even better in person. But not only THAT... Grandmother's Apron?! Are you kidding?! We both loved that so much. Really stunning. Wish I could buy it. You need to post that here, with some macros to really show the detail.

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete